sábado, 17 de noviembre de 2007

Sixth Assignment

Hello.

For this assignment, I’ve chosen a Chilean film called La vida me mata, or Life kills me. The film is directed by Sebastián Silva. And the main actors are Gabriel Díaz, Diego Muñoz, Amparo Noguera, Claudia Celedón, Alejandro Sieveking.

The movie was about a guy whose brother had died recently, so he’s very depressed. He’s a camera-man and he’s working on a short film with three other people. While working on this movie, he meets a guy who starts working with them on that project. This new guy turns out to have sort of an obsession with death, a very sensitive, yet amazingly attractive topic to the main character. At the end of the movie, he finally manages to find some peace, under bizarre circumstances.

I really liked the film. It had some very good actors I already knew, and the ones I didn’t know, I really liked too.

It was sort of funny, but not in a shallow way… the characters were all very special and had particular characteristics that made you like… I don’t know, feel like you already knew them, like you understood what they were all about, that’s a great feeling when you watch a movie.

What a probably liked the most was the ending. It’d be hard to explain it without giving a much longer description of the movie, but… what I liked about it is that it was very unexpected, I just didn’t see it coming. In fact, I thought the movie had ended… I stayed while the credits went by, and at the end of it…. The movie just kind of started again, and it was great to see that end, because the previous one was kind of…. I don’t know… unfulfilling.

I would definitely recommend it, and even watch it again.

No hay comentarios: